Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank You Teacher


Well preschool is almost done. Wow how this time has flown. In a few short months my little one will be off to kindergarten, riding a bus for the first time...(cue the tears)  I can't believe the change in him from September to now and how much he has matured and how hard it was for him in the beginning to make friends or remember anyone's name and now all he does is talk about his "best friends"

So on to the card...this is of course for his preschool teacher. The apple image was a dollar stamp I picked up years ago from Michaels or Joanns...I can't remember. The dp is SU sab this time instead of dcwv, can you believe that one? lol  The border punch is MS and the tag punch is SU.  I colored the apples with tombow and SU markers.

13 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is awesome, Carrie! I LOVE the edge punch and how you aletered the color on the apples.

The Mama Monkey said...

So cute, Carrie! I love how you mixed the colors of red and green apples!

Kathy said...

Love the combo of green and red apples, so cute. I think I need to case this one for some end of the year cards. My oldest went to kindergarten this year, it was hard the first day, but it got easier. I'm sure your little guy will do just great in the fall.

lcamacho said...

Very cute card!the colors are fabulous

Chris said...

So cute! Love all the layers and the red and green!

Anne said...

What an adorable card! But don't the years go too fast!

Paige said...

Fun and colorful card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOnderful teacher card- I like the layout with the border punches and the apples are great stamped multiple times.....Seems like just yesterday my kids were that little..... TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your teacher's card, you reminded me I need one more, thanks! The red and green look so nice together and the scallops are cool. Are kids grow up way too fast don't they?

jimlynn said...

This is just beautiful! Love the layout you used and the use of that punch is great. Lovely card.

Sarah said...

I just LOVE this card. What a great use for the lace scallop border punches.

Annie said...

Carrie, how darling! Love your color combo!!!!

Mary G. said...

Very pretty card. Love the color combination and the use of the eyelet border punch. The perfect 'teacher' card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails