Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life's A Matter of Moments


I made today's card for a SCS sketch challenge and never got around to posting it...you know a day late and a dollar short LOL Any who.... my color inspiration came from this lovely card my SIL sent me for Mother's Day. I never would have thought to pair Mambo with choc chip.  Ok another in color that's growing on me and the catty is almost up. Good thing they're bringing mambo back...I think I need a pack.

So the card base is choc chip, the mambo layer is embossed with the victoria cb folder though you really don't see much of it on here. I stamped the image from Elements of Style, SU in choc chip and colored with the mambo marker and a tombow marker in pink. The leaves were colored with SU celery marker.  I spritzed the image with smooch spray but I really need to practice at that because it basically only hit one side of the card instead of all over.  I stamped the bird image in choc chip also and popped it up on dimensionals.  I think you'll be seeing this color combo again...love it!!!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lovely card, Carrie. I also like those colors together.
Lynn

Lisa M. said...

Beautiful! I am definitely going to use this combo too! What a different feel mambo and cc have compared to a lighter pink and cc. Of course, I like anything with pink....hehe

paperANDi said...

Beautiful... looks like store bought!

lcamacho said...

Oh Carrie this is beautiful.New favorite colors for me.I think they really look nice together.

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is beautiful. I LOVE it!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is a neat color combo!! I am going to give it a whirl! I just broke down and bought this stamp set. Of course, all my coloring mediums are in a box on their way to AK, so it has to sit unused and wait...patiently!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Such a pretty card, I love this flower image. I'm glad to see that this set made it into the new catty!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful. I've bee eyeing that stamp set, think you convinced me! The color combo is so pretty and fresh, I'll have to give it a try, I love melon mambo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails