Sunday, June 27, 2010

Simple Elegance


When I think of June and summer I think of June weddings.  This card turned out so pretty now I only wish I had somewhere to use it. That's ok I'll stick it with my stash and maybe an opportunity will present itself to give it to someone some day.

This is the 3rd version of this card. Each time I created it it just felt like it was missing something.  Creation 1 was just white and black layers then the white dress on top. Creation 2 was this basically without the embossing and then came this one. 

The black layer was stamped with SU boho blooms in versarmark and heat embossed with clear powder.  I cut the dress from the Sweethearts cart at 4 in and cut the layers the same. I embossed the dress layer with the cb textiles folder and added some diamond stickles to her veil and bodice.  Just like the title I think its just simple and elegant. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. Hope you have a great day and having a wonderful summer

14 comments:

Kathy said...

STUNNING! This is one of the most elegant wedding cards I've ever seen. Love the black and white and the beautiful embossed dress. Beautiful!

jimlynn said...

Only one word: GORGEOUS!!!!!
Lynn

Karli said...

Oh Carrie, this is absolutely fabulous! so much movement & texture. Dang, wish I was getting married... again ;) Big Hugs!

Laura said...

Carrie this is so gorgeous!I love the dress and the black and white.TFS

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, this is really pretty! Love the embossed dress, it really makes the card! Nicely done, Carrie!

Micki Switzer said...

I love it when you post your creations, they always give me such inspirations to go make something. You are one of my favorite blog buddies.

Paige said...

Love your elegant card Carrie!

Becky said...

This is so pretty.

Lela said...

Your card is GREAT Carrie! It's so pretty w/ the embossing and texture!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is stunning! Carrie, I'm sure OWH or another organization would love to receive your stash of cards:)

CathyRose said...

This is just so elegant. I love that look of embossing that looks so much like lace!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- Wow!!! I LOVE this- it is fantastic!

Payne Holler Cards said...

This really is stunning! so elegant!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I'd love to see the other two as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails