Sunday, June 6, 2010

So Tweet


I have had the idea for this card in my head for months and finally got around to creating it and I'm so happy with the end product.

In case you're wondering what's that blue she used well its bermuda bay..a color I swore I hated and would Never use and here I am, the catty is almost done, and I'm using this color more and more and even had to order a pack of it before it retired. Ugh!!! I guess never say never.

So here's how it was done...base is choc chip...which I loved paired with bermuda...dp is dcwv green stack  I chose this specifically to give the illusion the birdhouse really was up in the trees and off in the distance you can see some little birds and other branches.  The birdhouse is dcwv paper dp trimmed in bermuda cut out at 4 in using the stretch your imagination cart.  The bird and branch were cut from the straight from your nest cart.  The sentiment was a 99 cent stamp I found at my LSS. I believe its by imaginisce.  I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute card! I love the dp you used, it's perfect! Great job.

Sarah K.

Sherri said...

Wonderful card with terrific colors....it's "tweet".

Mary G. said...

Adorable!!!

jimlynn said...

SO very cute, Carrie! I don't really care for the Bermuda Bay - but in this card, I LOVE it! So pretty.
Lynn

Melissa said...

This card is fantastic! I like everything I've seen on your blog! I am becoming a follower and will be putting a link on my blog (just started yesterday)to yours!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this pretty card- and I feel the same way about Bermuda Bay- will have to write down your colors here- so I can use up some of it! TFS

lcamacho said...

What a cute card!I love that little bird.And the bird house is perfect with that dp

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What an adorable card! All of your dp blend so well together and that sentiment is just perfect. Don't you just love those $1 finds!?

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your card, it's so cute! Funny how we can change our minds about a color that we used to think was just awful!

Velta said...

This is just adorable...I love your details and taking the time to put so much into this bird house! TFS!!

Micki Switzer said...

I do the same thing Carrie...have an idea stuck in my head that just has to come out. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes they should have stayed in my head a little longer. Yours came out at just the right time...really cute card....love that little birdie.

Lisa M. said...

That is so cute, Carrie! You are so good at using your Cricut for cards. Will have to put bermuda bay and choc. chip on my To Do List too...

Have a good day! :)

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is soooo adorable! I love the papers you used and wow, what a lot of detail!!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

adorable!

Scrapping Cat said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Tami said...

I really like the colors and the layering on this card.

Heidi said...

oh my goodness! this is too cute! :)

Anna K said...

This card is really cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails