Saturday, June 19, 2010

West Virginia Plumbing


I asked my hubby to come up with a clever title for today's blog post looking at this card and WV Plumbing was the first thing he said. Now as long as I have lived in WV...which is all my life...I have never in my life seen an outhouse LOL but never say never right... 

My blogging buddy Karen and creator of the Stamps R Us blog group sent me this image and I think it is so cute. Now what I'll use this card for I have no clue but love it just the same.  The dp is from DCWV green stack and the base color is close to cocoa Su and small piece of bermuda bay..which surprisingly looks really good with cocoa, which I embossed it with the argyle cb folder.  The cute image...I don't know who its by, but I colored it with su markers.

Thanks Karen for the image.

10 comments:

Sherri said...

A native West Virginian myself, I had also not seen an outhouse until I moved to Virginia. Here, my husband was the director of operations for a coal company, and on the road to his jobsite, there was an outhouse with a window air conditioner installed in the side.....I swear!!!

Great card!

jimlynn said...

SO cute Carrie! Love your choice of DP for it too. Your hubby came up with the PERFECT name!!! LOL!
Lynn

Lisa M. said...

Who knew an outhouse could be so cute? LOL How about a computer generated sentiment..."Way to Go!"???

yeah, just got off night shift...lol

Karli said...

Great card & title ;) outhouses scare me (kinda creepy), but they make a cute stamp :) Big hugs!

Karen Howard said...

I LOVE IT!!! Carrie, this is awesome and I love the PP you used. I know what you mean about who do you give it to but I still can't seem to pass up the opportunity to pull it out and play with it this time of year!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hahaha I love this great image and love your card. I have seen an outhouse...never in VA though!

Laura said...

Very cute card.

Micki Switzer said...

I could give you TMI about my childhood and my great-grandmother's outhouse.....but I want. I will just say that I love your very creative card.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Super cute card and what a great image. There is a house not too far from me that has an outhouse in their yard, yep in their yard! I don't think it's been used in years though....LOL

Kathy said...

This is too cute! I've never seen an outhouse in person, but it sure does make a cute card. Love the teal colors you paired with it too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails