Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Whimsical Twilight


I am a HUGE Twilight fan and I made this card in honor of the Twilight movies and books.  I just picked up Mini Monsters cricut cart and as soon as I saw the Vamp image in it I thought of Edward.  So here is my whimsical Edward tribute.

GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!

I cut Edward at 3 1/2 inches from Mini Monsters. The apple icon came from A Child's Year cart and was cut at 1 inch.  I colored the stem with a marker and sponged some ink on the apple. The sentiment was cut from Home Decor and I forget what size I cut it at.  I was heavy with the dry embossing trying to use victorian style folders so the black layer is a cb folder called Victoria and the white layer is a folder from SU sizzix called finial press.

Hope you liked this fun card and I can't wait to go see Twilight Eclipse.

17 comments:

Karen Howard said...

This is an awesome Edward! You do such amazing things with your cricut. I've watched the first two movies and am reading book 2. Can't wait for the weekend to go see the new movie out, YEA!!!

Sherri said...

OH, I love this one.....what a great birthday card for a teen girl who's a Twilight fan. How original!!

Annie said...

oh my gosh, how adorable!!! Love it! You did GREAT!!!

jimlynn said...

How cute this is Carrie! You're making me want the Cricut!
Lynn

roxybonds said...

So cute!!!!!

Paige said...

Loving this card! Go Team Edward!

scrappinlil said...

OH I love twilight..but I am torn between a vampire and a werewolf...I can't wait to see the new movie Eclipse...you did an amazing job on edward though...and yes I read all the books....I know what happens but I think I am pulling more for Jacob....hehe! TFS

CathyRose said...

This is so cute! Love all the texture.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

how cute! I can't wait to see Eclipse either. Love this lil vamp!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is just amazing! I do not follow Twilight, but see lots of cards and this one takes the cake- too cute!

Micki Switzer said...

I'm team Edward too, Carrie. Very cute little vampire you've created for the premier of Eclipse.... Hope it's good.

Just Me said...

What a cute little guy that is.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I don't know anything about Twilight but I know this is simply adorable!

Kathy said...

This is such a fun card, his eyes made me laugh. Love all the little details, the embossing, the cool "forever", just all the perfect touches. But.......I have to say Team Jacob! LOL!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, how cute is this!!! What an adorable Edward. My daughter would just love this....LOL

lize said...

too cut always like the dry emboss it looks Fangtastic !

Joanne Smith said...

I am so happy I got these! I can't wait to give one to my Sister-in-Law... it's perfect as she is "Team Edward" and her Birthday is right before Halloween!! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails