Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You're On My Mind


This month's challenge at the Stamps R Us blog is a sketch.  I went with a CAS style for this one.  This sketch you're supposed to put some kind of corner embellishment...my corner details are my sentiment and butterfly.

Here's what I used. The base is black, layered with some misc pink and then white. The stamp set is  Treasure It from TAC. The words behind the flower were stamped in antique linen and the flower in SU Pretty in Pink, then stamped over with stazon.

Hope you take the time to play you can find the challenge HERE .  Remember you have all month to play so make sure to stop by and show us your fabulous creations.  Thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great idea for the corner embellishments! I might selectively 'copy' your idea.....!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

OOhhhh I did not think of that either- that is what is slowing me down...the corners! Awesome sketch card!

Paige said...

Pretty card and the focal image is beautiful1

Jan Hunnicutt said...

ohhh, I really like your CAS interpretation of the Stamps R Us sketch!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful, love the black, pink and white. Looks so crisp and clean. The butterfly is a fabulous corner embellishment. Cool sketch, too, I may try it out.

jimlynn said...

So cute, Carrie.........Love you corner treatments.
Lynn

Payne Holler Cards said...

adorable - love its simplicity yet it pops!
so sorry I've been MIA - just somehow got swamped for June! can't keep up :(

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! I love your corner embellishments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails