Sunday, July 25, 2010

Flight Of the Butterfly


Isn't this a beauty!  I saw a card made on SCS using these 2 papers together from the Mariposa DCWV stack.  THIS is the card.  And I knew I had to use this combo.  I used a layout from one of Verve's challenges in June and I will definitely be using this layout again...good for using up some dp.

When I saw the paper combo what better image to use than a butterfly. This one is from SU God's Beauty set.  I colored it with SU markers, dusty durango, bermuda bay and celery...I love that combo.  The card base is dusty durango and I matted the layers with that also and a little Olive. I think the colors work so well together.  The sentiment is also SU from the Whimsical words set.  That just about covers all the details.  I hope you like this card as much as I do, trouble is I don't know if I'll be able to part with it.  I better make a duplicate :)

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.  I love reading all your comments.

13 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Hi Carrie,

I love your new blog background, reminds me of all your cricut card creations!

Today's card is beautiful, love the butterfly and the papers, excellente choice!!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs, Karen

jimlynn said...

WHY don't I have that image!!!! It's beautiful. Love the entire card. The patterned paper looks great together.
Lynn

Karli said...

this is one of my fav SU sets :) Beautiful card! I love the DP too. Big Hugs!

Tami said...

Oh I really like the colors and the coloring of the butterfly

Alissa said...

The coordinated DP makes this card look so completely elegant. I love it!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, how pretty, Carrie! Love how you used the two papers together, nicely done!

Laura said...

Beautiful card!I love how you color your butterflies,they aways come out so pretty.TFS

Lisa M. said...

LoVeLy! Great papers....and nice how you gave the butterfly some room to "breathe" :)

Mary G. said...

Simply said...beautiful!!!

Annie said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!
Love how you used all these gorgeous papers together and totally loving your butterfly stamp :)

Kathy said...

This is really pretty. I love that paper with the image, goes perfectly together. That layout is great for showing off some dsp, Really great card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is stunning - love your layout and papers and your butterfly is gorgeous ..very striking!
btw, love your new blog look (-:

Shelly Schmidt said...

SO pretty! I love all of the papers and the image is gorgeous! TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails