Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun and Cute


This card was done for a couple challenges.  The first being for Alissa's challenge on her blog that can be found HERE  It was a sketch with a beach theme.  I just recently picked up this stamp from Great Impressions and I think its the cutest.   The second challenge this is for is from Paper Crafts Moxie Fab World in honor of their new specialty issue Card Styles.  You can find the details HERE.  

When I was making this card I thought about the last episode of HGTV Design Star where they designed rooms around different flowers and how certain elements in the room represented movements of a flower, or the cluster of a flower etc and I kind of took that concept (not pertaining to flowers) with the textures on this card.  I used D'vine Swirls to represent the ocean breeze because I wanted movement at the top of this card.  I used tiny bubbles for the ocean itself which isn't the usual choice but I thought of fish and bubbles and well there you go.  The scallop border represents the waves.  The close to cocoa (SU) strip is respresenting the boardwalk so what better way to show that than with planks and thats why I chose to use the distressed stripes folder. 

Hope you enjoyed this card and check out the challenges.  Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by



16 comments:

Alissa said...

Carrie this card is fabulous! I love the colors - the brown and blue combo is so trendy right now. I also love how you used three embossing plates for this. It gives the card such texture. Great, great job!

Sarah said...

Excellent card! I LOVE blue & brown together & this image is adorable! Your coloring is amazing!!

AHadley said...

I love the different embossing, great card!

jimlynn said...

SUPER! Love that little image too. The blue embossing folder looks like water. So cute.
Lynn

Lea L. said...

Very cute card!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge!!

♥♥♥Lea

Terri E. said...

Great coloring. Way to rock the Moxie Fab Challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

KER said...

love the card...stamp...design...embossing

Laura said...

What an awesome job!Great idea with the embossing folders.TFS

Lisa M. said...

Wow, Carrie, I totally "felt" your card,with the textures and colors, before I read your description!! You did good! And that little pelican is so cute! :)

Karen Howard said...

This is really cute and so perfect for summer time!!!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, I love all your embossing!

Cath said...

Hey Carrie! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Mary G. said...

LOVE that pelican image!!! He's adorable!!! Cute layout and I love all the texture you used with the CBd b/g!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the Cb background- great setting and image and the colors are just perfect! TFS

Kathy said...

Great beachy card, that image is a hoot, too! I love your combo of cb folders and the way each design represents something, very neat.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

I love HGTV one of my very favorite tv channels- great way to get your inspiration from too.

The first thing I noticed about this card was all of the different texture and how nicely it all works together! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails