Friday, July 9, 2010

Its A Jungle Out There


The inspiration behind this card came from Faith aka Markie's Mom on SCS. I love her gallery and how she adds polka dots to her creations. So this is a card I created last year that I thought I'd share with you. 

The background was rubbed on with chalks...I really need to invest in a brayer...yes there is a tool I don't own hee hee.  I stamped the grass with SU Inspired by Nature. The animals and trees are from Mindy's Zoo, colored with watercolor pencils. Sentiment is SU wild about you set punched with SU window word punch layered on the ovals and the little bit of dp is dcwv.

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card Carrie! Love the polka dots! It's so vibrant & happy. :-)

scrappinlil said...

OH This is just too cute...Love the monkey and your palm tree...TFS

Annie said...

what a GREAT card!!!! The details you put into this are amazing. Evertyhing is just perfect!

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is SO fun!!! Love that little monkey and the layout is fabulous! Great job coloring, too!!

Karli said...

fun, fun, fun! awesome what little polka dots will do! It adds detail, but doesn't clutter a card- love it! TFS & big Hugs!

Karen Howard said...

Yes, it is a jungle out there and your card captures the essence of the jungle beautifully! Love the dots around the edges, well done!

Alissa said...

AHHHHH!!!! I love this card, Carrie. So many great techniques and the coloring is unbelievable. Definitely one of my favs from you!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is really cute Carrie!

Lisa M. said...

Sweet! Love the chalked background & colors you chose. Bet the dot making was very relaxing...I enjoy details like that!
Have a good day! :)

Laura said...

what a fun card.I love it!I need to get that stamp set.My SIL loves monkeys.

jimlynn said...

Oh, Carrie. This is just wonderful. Love your chalked background. I just recently bought a brayer but haven't used it yet.
Lynn

BeeBeebabs said...

Cute cute cute tfs

Paige said...

your attention to detail makes this a superb creation!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I love the scene, and I LOVE the card with the white dots- they really make it 'pop'!!! I have got to give that a try.....! TFS

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, this is really cute! Love the way your background turned out and the dot too! Great card!

Kathy said...

So sweet, those little dots really make things stand out. That monkey is the cutest little guy! Great scene!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails