Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Petals and Stems


This card is for the Verve Ready Set Stamp Challenge where you were to use either Petals and Stems or Fluttering by. 

The sketch for this card came from the new SU catty and the color inspiration came from an advertisement on HGTV.  At the end of the ad they had chocolate, turquoise and an olive color together and I thought WOW that would make a great card and well, here it is.

So here's the deets on this card...base choc. chip embossed with the elegant bouquet sizzix folder from SU.  I don't have the top note die so I used my cricut storybook cart and cut the marquee shape at 5 inches.  I cut a piece of old olive and used the SU border punch on the bottom.  The stamps are all from Verve's Petals and Stems set.  The ink used is temp. turquoise, old olive and choc chip.  I punched the sentiment with the modern label punch SU and layered it with 2 more mod. label punches of turquoise.  It doesn't show well in the pic but I added some stardust stickles to the butterfly and centers of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh those colors are fabulous together! Gorgeous card!!

Annie said...

awwww, Carrie, this card is absolutely darling! Love your 3D effects!

jimlynn said...

So pretty, Carrie. Love those colors together. Great.
Lynn

Karli said...

good eye cuz that's a great color combo! I've always liked this Verve stamp set so I'll need to get it the next time. Great card :) Big Hugs!

Laura said...

way to go Carrie,I love this color combo.I love everything about it.Great way to get some Inspiration.

Karen Howard said...

Wow and really WOW!!! Carrie, this is beautiful! Love the color combo and the layout is awesome! The embossed background really makes everything pop!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a wonderful! I love the colors you used- and love that the cricut can sut shapes like that....what cartridge is that?

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Oh love this.. would have never thought of combining those colors but it totally works! Great card!

Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong with flowers and butterflies. My favorites! SCS(not2shabbydesigns)

Michele said...

This is beautiful!!

Mary G. said...

Oh, Carrie...I LOVE this! Those colors just pop off that white panel! Great layout!!! TFS!

Paige said...

Love the layout on this card and the color combo is terrific!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, that did make a great card! Those colors look great together and I really love the stamp sets you used.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Love this color combo and I need to get myself that embossing folder.

Next time I have HGTV on I'm going to pay more attention and hopefully find some inspiration for myself :)

Kathy said...

Wow, that is a great color combo (one I wouldn't have thought of). The flowers look great popped up and I love the white flower centers on the embossed cardstock, beautifully done.

Heidi said...

oh i love this card! the colors are great and i really like how you layered the modern label punch. i'm definitely going to try that! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails