Monday, August 9, 2010

So Very Sweet


I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.  Can you believe my son just recently started liking ice cream and he's 5 but there is a stipulation...it can only be WHITE.  lol  Oh well....

I made this card just for fun.  You can't really tell from the pic but I spritzed it with some shimmer spray which I still don't have the hang of.  Well like my little one says "mommy you just have to keep practicing"

So here's the details on this card.  The base is dcwv textured cs layered with some choc chip.  The Ice Cream sundae was cut from A Child's Year cart.  It was one of the icon features so it didn't have a shadow or layering option which meant I had to cut this out several times at 3 inches and cut the pieces off that I needed.  I went over the 'chocolate sauce' with a watercolor pencil and then blended it in making sure to get some on the white so it looked like it had melted a bit.  I popped it up with some dimensionals.  The sentiment is SU from the So Very set. 

That's it for today, hope you treat yourself to some ice cream, after all its summer and what could taste better on a hot day than some creamy cold goodness.

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is adorable! That's so cute about your son and the ice cream....tell him he needs to come live with me for about a week and he'd learn to love it!! LOL. Even our little doxie likes it. Weird dog! HA!
Love your card.
lynn

Paige said...

Yummy looking and fun!

Annie said...

yum-yum- yammy!!!!
what a cute and sweet card. I also love the fact that you made it just because! :)

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Hilary Swenson

Kathy said...

Yummy looking sundae! Love the clean and simple layout, Very Sweet card!

Karen Howard said...

My friend from work recently said the same thing about her son and he is 4, how funny! I'm not a huge fan of ice cream but have been loving the Mcflurries lately. Love the toppings on your sundae, looks very yummy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails