Monday, August 2, 2010

A Song in my Heart

I love, love, love this card. This is one of my favorite cards which means it will have to go in the special box of don't use these just admire them till you can get up the courage to part with it LOL.  ( I know its a sickness)  Here's a funny thing...I have a slight phobia of birds in real life.  I don't run from them or anything but I don't exactly want them close to me either but give me a bird stamp, bird punch, bird cricut cart and I go ga-ga over it. Go figure!!

Anyway on to the deets... I started out with choc chip as the base.  The sheet of dp was picked up on clearance a couple years ago so I can't tell you what line its from.  The green edge is dcwv textured cs that I embossed with the SU finial press folder.  I then added a scalloped edge with the SU border punch.  The bird cage was cut from Straight From the Nest cart at 3 1/2.  I then puched out the bird from the SU two step bird punch and ran it through the cb with the petals a plenty folder.  I cut a seperate wing and some leaves from scraps.  The sentiment is from Verve's swan song set and I punched it with the modern label punch SU that I layered with 2 more modern label punch outs.  I hope you enjoyed this card too.  I'm going to have to make a couple more up.  Off to fire up the cricut.  Thanks for stopping by

18 comments:

Sarah said...

So pretty! I love that bird cage & bird punch. I can't wait to get all unpacked so I can play again.

"SNOWMANLOVER" said...

Wow I love how you combined the two step punch with the Straight from the nest. Beautiful work!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful Carrie. I LOVE everything about it. So pretty.
Lynn

Karli said...

Gorgeous!!!! I didn't get Straight from the Nest but I love that birdcage. The sentiment is perfect :) love all the details Carrie! Big Hugs~

Alissa said...

One of my favorites too, Carrie! I don't know if it's the color, the textures or what but it is FABULOUS!

Lisa M. said...

Hi Carrie! How interesting about the bird-phobia-except-when-crafting. LOL! That birdcage is gorgeous!! I love how you cuttlebugged the bird's body to match the green panel...details make me happy! Great card! Have a good day!

Anna K said...

Your card is beautiful!

Kathy said...

This is super! It's so elegant and lovely. I don't think I could part with it either. That is so funny about the phobia, but it doesn't carry over to crafting!

Paige said...

great textures and details on this card!

Karen Howard said...

Wow and double WOW!!! Carrie, this is really awesome! I love the embossing, leaves, birdcage, the bird... did I mention that I LOVE it!!!

Laura said...

Beautiful card!I love that bird punch and the color combo is awesome.TFS

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is beautiful! Love the colors and all of the embossing! I especially like the little embossed bird! Perfection!

Annie said...

GREAT card, Carrie! All of your details are absolutely amazing.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I agree this is a beautiful card, the colors, the layout, everything about it wow...

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a wonderful card, no wonder you're putting it in your special box. I love how you did your sentiment too, now why didn't I think of that? Great idea!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Yep- I would have to hold on to this card too! I love the cricut ideas you come up with- I rarely use mine and when I see carts, I have no idea what to do with them when I get them home. Outstanding card!!! TFS

lize said...

Carrie ! I love it !!! make me one...please I'm begging. you do such wonderful work no wonder you get published all the time.. :) so happy to know you and call you friend.

Scrapping Cat said...

These colors are absolutely stunning together...love the birdcage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails