Friday, August 27, 2010

A Witchy Halloween

Well it looks like this years Halloween cards are basically going to be all about witches but who could resist this cute little witch? No one!  She is from a new set from SU called Greeting Card Kids and its just about the cutest new set in the catty.  However I had a hard time coming up with a card for her.  The layout seemed to be my issue.

Here's what was used on this card.  The papers are DCWV fall stack from a couple years ago.  I colored the image with SU  markers.  The ruffled embellishment is paper that I folded over and over again. I've been seeing this cool effect done with ribbon but didn't have any that would match and thought why not try it with strips of paper.  Definitely need to work at it a little more.  The flowers were some I had left over in my ever growing stash of things.  Thanks for looking.  Are you getting a head start on your fall cards?

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Adorable little witch, I had not seen this set yet. So cute and your layout looks great. Like the crinkled paper, cool touch.

jimlynn said...

Precious! Perfect in every way!!!
Lynn

Julie said...

Love this card. Cute image and I love what you did with the ribbon. :)

Laura said...

Very cute image,And you did a great job with it.TFS

Karen Howard said...

Very cute witch, I agree! The DCWV papers are great for making cards, once I started digging out mine I couldn't stop! Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs, Karen

Paige said...

Cute Halloween card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling! I love this cute image- and the great ribbon treatment you used on your card. TFS

Lisa M. said...

Note to self: order Greeting Card Kids! LOL...it's your fault, Carrie! This is adorable! Love how you improvised the ribbon w/ paper, clever girl! :)

Tami said...

WOW you have been busy with the Halloween cards:) I think we are just all in the mood to change seasons. I for one am so tired of this almost 100 degree weather everyday. I love the flowers and just your card and all of your Halloween cards

Just Me said...

Very nice cards. I don't think I have ever put a witch on a card. And these are so cute.

Stephanie said...

Seeing your use of the greeting card kids makes me believe that I need this stamp set in my arensal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails