Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Cupcake Kind Of Day

Here is an all occasion cupcake card for you because really don't cupcakes make everything better, well and a little chocolate.

For this card I used the Verve set Cupcake Affair and paired it with some great paper from DCWV Linen stack.  I know I rave about DCWV paper all the time, they should really pay me for it HAHAHA but it is great paper, especially the premium stacks that have glitter or foil as part of the pattern.

So I stamped this cupcake with black stazon and colored the bottom and flowers with SU markers...river rock and marina mist.  I stamped the solid part of the cupcake with some SU soft sky, which matches perfectly with this DCWV stack.  The sentiment is also from the same Verve set and I punched it out with an EK Success slim line punch that almost is identical to the new one from SU.  The flower is also from Verve from the Because of You set and was stamped in Marina Mist.

So hope your day is filled with sunshine and cupcakes and thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

Sarah said...

So pretty! You always have the prettiest paper. I'm going to have to start splitting stacks with you or something. LOL Love the extra flower by the sentiment.

Paige said...

I love the color combo on this beautiful card!

jimlynn said...

So cute Carrie....and I LOVE that background paper. Like that layout too.
Lynn

Marilyn S said...

Great card Carrie...love the papers & the sentiment is perfect!

Annie said...

Carrie, what a darling card! Such clean and beautiful card. And YES, cupcakes make everything better :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cupcake card- great colors- I love your DSP- I love it even better when it is 1/2 off! You are so right- it is great to work with. TFS

Patty said...

Love your layout and super colors on this card. BTW- I'm a huge fan of DCWV papers too ;)

Monica said...

I am really chuffed that I became a follower of your blog because I love your style.

This card is just so likeable. Love the flower at the bottom right. And the striped paper fits in so very well with it or vice versa.

My daughter just made cup cakes this evening. What a lovely sentiment on your card as well.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails