Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Best Friend is a Flake

Too early for winter/Christmas cards? 

I have no idea what stamp this snowman is because my sweet friend Sarah sent me some of these images last winter and I'm finally getting a chance to play with them.  Sarah if you post a comment can you post who this stamp is by...thanks. 

This was a simple card to do.  White base, navy layer then white layer embossed with cb snowflakes.  The snowman had very little coloring, some red of course, outlined him with gray and added some stickles to him and a little blush with chalk for the cheeks.  The sentiment is from an old SU set flaky friends and the snowflakes are a MS punch.  Thanks for looking and have a super cool day.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I so love this image & absolutely LOVE the card you've made with it! great job!! It's a Penny Black stamp called "snowy" I picked it up at either Michael's or HL, can't remember which.

Karen Howard said...

Love this image and the red really makes it pop!

vicki said...

So so cute, Carrie! Perfect layout and colors! Blessings to you!

Julie said...

What a cute card. Love that snowman, he made me laugh. :)

Karli said...

very cuuute! That scarf looks like you can really touch & feel it. The snowflake EF looks perfect in the background & the snowflakes coordinate just right. Big Hugs~

Annie said...

absolutely adorable card! I love your layout and all of the texture :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card!!! Wonderful- darling image too- I really like the white BG with a pop of blue.

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is one of my fav snowmen stamps! your card is so precious...love your snow and the Embossing folder and him in all his red (-:

Kathy said...

Really cute, love the embossed white panel. This image is darling, too.

Marilyn said...

Is this ever cute! Very creative & effetive use of three colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails