Monday, October 18, 2010

Thankful for Sunflowers

How about a little break from Halloween and on to fall for a minute.  I was totally inspired by this card HERE .  Isn't it a beauty.  I changed pretty much everything except the layout and flower.

Here's how I did my version.  The base is choc chip SU. The pattern paper is DCWV Amber Autumn stack.  I used some Kraft cardstock by the paper company.  I didn't have the ric rac die so I improvised  and layered 2 scallop punches from SU one in cajun craze and one in the kraft paper.  The sunflower was cut from Stretch Your Imagination cart at 5 inches several times and layered.  I sponged the sunflower with some SU more mustard ink. and popped a layer up with pop dots.  The center is just a circle punch that I sponged with some Expresson ink.  The sentiment is from SU's happy harmony set.  I finished the sunflower off with a little embroidery thread.  Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget still time to win some of my halloween projects...check out the Another Small Giveaway Post for details.

12 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous creation, Carrie!! I love this fabulous sunflower. Wonderful layout and papers!!

Renee said...

Carrie this is gorgeous! I love all the elements of this card especially the colors! Hugs!

TropicLuv said...

Really super card! Great colors and paper. I love the sunflower and the layered border. Also the thread on the flower stem in a great touch! Aloha.

The Mama Monkey said...

Love it Carrie!! I really like your color palette...so warm!! And I need that now...we have flurries again!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, such warm lovely autumn colors!

Paige said...

This is a beautiful fall card! I adore the sunflower!

jimlynn said...

It's a beauty for sure - a work of art. SO beautiful.
Lynn

Patty said...

Fabulous card, Carrie! Love the sunflower and such pretty papers.

Jennipher Lowery said...

Great looking card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is an outstanding card- I love the double punched layer and the accent of the floss for the bow. TFS

Marilyn said...

Love this card Carrie... it's just perfect! The fall colors, your layout, sentiment & papers are lovely with that beautiful sunflower.

Karen Howard said...

This card POPS right off the page at me, I LOVE IT... the colors, layout and that beautiful flower!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails