Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Christmas Wish


So I tried my hand at minimal coloring of an image and I'm not sure I like how it turned out.  Maybe I need to go back and color the sled red, that might help a bit.  To be honest while I love this image from the SU set Home For Christmas, I never know what to do with it.  Maybe its the layout?  Any suggestions?  I'm open and willing to try anything with this set.

So the base is some Kraft paper from Joanns that I ran through the cuttlebug using the SU folder petals a plenty.  Then I used some scrap paper and layered the 3 scallop edges.  I have to say not coloring the image made the card quick to do but at the same time its lacking that wow or Oh that's pretty factor. 

I will say I have gone back and colored this image in.  I just couldn't get past it being this plain.

Thanks for stopping by. My next card post is one of my favs for this Christmas season using the Cricut cart Winter Woodland, so keep an eye out for that one.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

I really like this only partially colored. I too can't seem to do anything I like with this stamp. Think I'm going to try something like this. Love the effect of the border punch repeated three times, looks great!

Julie said...

I like what you have done with the image too, but I am like you, I would have to color in the entire image. Good thing I like to color. Love the colors you chose, very pretty. :)

Paige said...

I love detailed images that are only partially colored in. Your card is beautiful!

Alissa said...

I LOVE this card. I love all the embossing, and I love the colors. I think it's actually really unique that you didn't color in the entire image!

jimlynn said...

Carrie....I like what you've done with the image and I REALLY like how you only colored a part of it. Very pretty.
Lynn

The Mama Monkey said...

I know what you mean...I love this stamp but also can't stand it at the same time! It is so much work to color it all...

Renee said...

Carrie this is beautiful! I think it looks great! It's hard to travel outside your comfort zone sometimes especially when you think it doesn't look right but I assure you this is gorgeous!

Marilyn said...

Love this image Carrie! I also like how you've added all the Christmas colours with your papers.

Karli said...

I haven't bought this beautiful stamp for the same reason, but it's got sketch qualities about it so it doesn't necesarily call for coloring. Kwim??? beautiful card. Big hugs~

Patty said...

I love the idea about only coloring part of an image, I think sometimes that's all an image needs. If you feel you need to color in a bit more than I would just color the sled like you said- that might be just enough to make you feel that it's complete.

Karen Howard said...

I think you did a wonderful job of coloring this image! Love how the wreath stands out! Hugs, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails