Thursday, November 18, 2010

Merry Christmas Dear Friend


This is my first time using the Dasher stamp that I picked up last year but I picked it up after Christmas so I couldn't wait to use it.  This was such a simple Christmas card to do. 

The base is GP white, then I layered SU riding hood red that I ran through the cuttlebug using the snow dots folder.  The dp is from Cloud 9 Design (yep not DCWV) Seasonal stack that I picked up on sale at  Joanns.  I had tried several different dps before deciding on these 2.  I layered the dps with white and left 3/4 extra at the bottom so I could use the SU scallop border punch on it.  I thought the sentiment was perfect Merry Christmas Dear Friend from the SU cute and curly set stamped in riding hood red which I also used the SU curly label punch to punch it out.

I think I may go back and add some diamond stickles to the antlers to give the card a little sparkle.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I have a holiday planner coming up next.

14 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love this... the deer is one of my favourite images but sadly, mine is still in the box & hasn't seen any ink.

Laura said...

Carrie,This is a gorgeous card!And I love that Deer.TFS

KER said...

dasher is a favorite...i think all the layers are great...tfs

jimlynn said...

Knock dead gorgeous!!! And you're using my very favorite image. Love that layout too.
Lynn

Paige said...

Love the stamp you used and the layout is a great way to use fun papers and textures!

Alissa said...

I love how you layered all that beautiful DP so that the simple image really stands out. Really nice card Carrie!

Renee said...

Very pretty Carrie!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, loving all the layers on this card and who can resist bambi!!!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love this card! And I am on a total bling kick lately so yes, add it!

Mary G. said...

Wow, Carrie, this is beautiful! I love the combination of the patterned papers and the embossing. Great layout!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Another beautiful card- you could sell cards....! I love the DPS and the fabulous layout.....!

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love all the layers! I enjoy seeing all your beautiful work! Just became a follower. Visit me whenever you have time!

Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Kristi said...

Lovely card!

Kathy said...

Adorable, love the patterns you used and the sentiment is perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails