Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vintage Christmas

This new set from SU, Greeting Card Kids, just screams vintage to me so that's what I wanted to do with this winter image.  I chose some non traditional Christmas papers, matter of fact they are from the DCWV stack Rustic.  I ran the striped paper through the cuttlebug with the snowflake folder. The pic doesn't do the papers justice, they are full of shimmer and sparkle.  I stamped the image with Staz On and colored her with SU markers.  Added a little diamond stickles for a snowy effect.

The sentiment is also SU punched with the modern label punch and I added a mat to it by punching the modern label 2 more times and layering it.  The little snowflakes are a MS punch.  Thanks for looking today.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the non traditional papers & vintage look. Gorgeous card!

jimlynn said...

So pretty Carrie! Love the colors you used. This is going to be a wonderful card for the holidays!
Lynn

Renee said...

Very sweet Carrie! Love it!

Paige said...

Stunning card!

Karen Howard said...

Beauriful vintage winter card!!! The image is absolutely adorable! Hugs, Karen

scrappinlil said...

Very pretty...love the non traditional paper and colors are awesome. TFS

Marilyn said...

Is this ever nice Carrie! I never think of embossing on patterned paper but it is lovely.
That is also a very cute image.

Kathy said...

This is absolutely stunning. Love the look of embossing the patterned paper. These non traditional colors are fantastic. Great card.

Patty said...

Such a sweet card, I really like the idea of emobssing your dp, I've never done that before.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love the colors and love the sweet coloring you have done. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails