Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Wonder of It All


A little Verve, a little cricut and combine that with DCWV and you get a great idea for a Christmas card.  All the dp on this card is from an older DCWV Glitter Christmas stack.  I've been hoarding that paper and finally decided it was time to cut it.  I'm sure glad I did.  The image panel is a mix of stamping and cricut.  The top note shape the tree and snowman are on is from the Storybook cart, cut at 3 1/2 inches and with a shadow feature too.  I ran the white panel through the cuttlebug using the snowflake folder.  The tree is made out of dp from the same stack mentioned cut from the Joys of the Season cart and it was cut out twice so it could be layered with pop dots... I cut each section out separately then layered them.  The snowman and sentiment are Verve from the set Snow Wonderful.  I stamped the snowman, colored his scarf, hat and nose and then cut him out adding him to the panel with pop dots.  I then went back and added some stickles to him so he would sparkle like the tree does.

Thanks for stopping by.   Happy Holidays

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh I love it!! That paper is amazing.

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love it! I know what you mean about hoarding paper and not wanting to cut it. Glad you shared this!!

jimlynn said...

So cute, Carrie! But then, ALL of your work is just fantastic. This is a perfect little Christmas card.
LYnn

Paige said...

Carrie, you came up with a winning combination!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful details, my friend!! That paper is sooo pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- great card! I love the tree and all of the DSP's together. TFS

Laura said...

Fabulous card for christmas.And that snowman is so cute.TFS

Alissa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the DP and the snowman! So cute!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Carrie your Verve snowman is so cute! I'm right there with you hoarding those beautiful papers ;)
Beautiful card!

Karen Howard said...

Love this verve snowman, I forgot I have him! Beautiful card, Carrie! Hugs, Karen

Tami said...

Love how you layered with that nestie. I need to work on that.

JazzyH said...

Love the layers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails