Friday, December 17, 2010

Cheers To You


This card reminds me of the Frank Sinatra era and that is probably really dating me but I remember my dad watching his movies and Dean Martin movies.  It just makes me think Rat Pack 

I made the card for New Years but really you could use it for Congratulations or Birthday.  I used the Mojo 167 sketch for my inspiration.  The dp is DCWV La Creme stack.  The martini was a dollar stamp I picked up years ago and is one of my favorite stamps.  The Cheers To You sentiment is from SU Lots of Thoughts set.  I ran the white layer through the cuttlebug using a sizzix folder and layered it with some black using the scallop eyelet punch from SU.

Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Holidays

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Carrie,
This is very pretty! Black and white is one of my favorite color combinations. TFS! And yes, I remember my parents watching the Rat Pack when i was a kid. I always had a thing for Deam Martin!LOL

Sarah said...

This card is awesome! Love that stamp & color combo.

jimlynn said...

It really does remind you of that era doesn't it!! (Not that I remember it! Yeah right!)
Another great card Carrie. Love the black and white.
Lynn

Anna K said...

Very nice! I agree with you, it reminds me of the Frank Sinatra era too.

Joanne said...

Absolutely love this! I really like the black and white cards and anything with martinis! This has both, super card. Aloha, Joanne

Paige said...

Very classy card to celebrate the New Year!

Laura said...

Stunning card! I love the DP. Sorry I'm to young to remember that era.;)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is a fantastic card- I love the image and the the great layout- the star is perfect! I feel a CASE coming on!

Marilyn said...

Great card... just perfect! I always love the black & white combos.

JazzyH said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Monica said...

Black and white always look posh! Super card! Love the paper and the embossing. You make great cards - glad I found your blog.

I make cards for fun and sell them for charity. Would love it if you could visit me time permitting ofcourse.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails