Monday, December 13, 2010

From The Heart


I made this card as part of a note card set for a gift this holiday season.  The colors are some of my favorite and I hope the recipient likes it too. 

Here's how its done.  The base is SU river rock...so glad they brought back this color, the beautiful dp is from DCWV Linen Stack (which I think is my all time favorite stack) I used some soft sky for the bottom half of the card and add the scalloped punch detail to the bottom.  The image is a combo of 4 stamps from the Watercolor Trio set by Su.  I stamped the longer branch in river rock and then used a q-tip to remove the ink from the flowers and colored them with a baja breeze marker.  The smaller flower image i colored with SU markers river rock and baja breeze.  I also colored the butterfly stamp with the baja breeze marker...looks like I'll have to pick up the baja breeze stamp pad.  The sentiment was stamped in SU crumb cake to make the kraft scalloped layer on the card. 

Hope you enjoyed today's card.  Happy Holidays

9 comments:

Sarah said...

So soft & pretty! Gorgeous card.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Carrie! I have this same stamp set sitting on my desk to make a card with it this week! I think maybe I'm tired of making all the Christmas cards now!
So pretty.
Lynn

Marilyn said...

This is a perfect card & would work for so many occasions. I love the colours.

Joanne said...

Such a pretty card and I can see why these color are some of your favorites! A lovely gift that anyone would love to receive! J:)

Laura said...

CUTE,CUTE,CUTE!! I know the recipient will love it! I notice you posted a new pic of yourself.Looking good!! It's crazy how we changed so much through out the years.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the watercolor look and colors too! Hugs, Karen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! I love the softness of it and the pretty colors you used. I could see this as a gift set....! TFS

Anna K said...

Very pretty - it reminds me of spring.

Monica said...

Such a soft and gentle card with such an elegant touch.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails