Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma



This card was made for my mother-in-law, for her birthday from her grandson.  The inspiration for this card came from Amy's blog and can be found HERE  I love her blog.  Her creations are wonderful.

This card is great to use up some scraps.  The base is Kraft, layered with a scrap of dp from DCWV from the posies stack.  The white panel is semi layered on another scrap of kraft paper.  The clouds were stamped on some su bash blue using the cloud stamp from Verve's up and away set.  I free handed the mountains and then ran it through the cuttlebug with the swirls folder.  The grass was cut at 1 inch on the cricut using the Paper Dolls Dress up Cart.  I stamped Billy (from cat's pajamas) and colored him with markers and as you can see had some issues with this face that turned out really peach.  I cut him out and  pop dotted him on the card.  I see I missed putting the button on and will go back and do that to the edge of the ribbon.

Thanks for looking today, wow only a few more days till Christmas. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  Hope you all are ready and enjoying this holiday season.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

This is just adorable. I bet grandma will love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- and a sweet one from your son! I always love the idea of using up scraps too!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is awesome! Love the little boy and the froggie is darling!

Alissa said...

Oh I just love Billy, Carrie! This is so cute. Love the different textures in the background.

Julie said...

Love it. That frog is so cute. Bet Grandma got a kick out of it. :)

Annie said...

Carrie, this card is just darling!!! love your grass and the hill - totally great!

Renee said...

I just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kathy said...

This is great, perfect card to send from you son to his grandma. Love the grass and hills, looks wonderful!

Tami said...

What a cute stamp and love how you did the scene.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails