Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let It Snow


Happy Holidays!  Are you in the swing of the holiday season?  We're decorated and I've started my wrapping.  I love being finished with things early so I can sit and enjoy the rest of the time without all the stress of running around last minute.

Here's another winter/Christmas card.  I have yet to add a sentiment to it and not sure if I'm going to but I'll tell you how I made it.  The base is GP white and is layered with some DCWV patterned paper mounted on kraft cs.  I love this littls snowman from winter woodlands cricut cart  and I cut him out at 4 inches and added some diamond stickles around the edge.  I mounted him on the marquee shape from the Storybook cart that was cut out at 4 1/2 and added the shadow feature too.  I ran the white layer through the cuttlebug with the snowflake folder.  I also added another cuttlebug layer to the bottom of the card to simulate a snow drift using the d'vine swirls folder and the scallop border from SU. 

Thanks for looking,...Happy Holidays

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Very cute! I love this little fellow too! Great job!!

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful!!! Love it without a sentiment. So pretty.
Lynn

Marilyn said...

Very cute Carrie! Love what you've done with this... the primitive, simple snow guy is a perfect compliment to the papers & embossing.

Anna K said...

Cute card!

Paige said...

The kraft cs really makes the white layer pop! and I love the snowman!

Karli said...

very nice! You are a pro at bringing in your cricut to cardmaking. Winter Woodland is one of my fav carts- the font is fab too. Big Hugs~

Karen Howard said...

I love all the ways you added snowflakes to this card! Gorgeous paper. Hugs, Karen

The Mama Monkey said...

Really great job, Carrie!

Sarah said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Mary G. said...

Oh, Carrie, this is fabulous! LOVE the different CB folders you used. Lots of dimension!!!! TFS!

Kathy said...

Love the combo of embossing folders, so cool. Great wintery card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love your cricut cards....Love this layout and the great look of the white on white- and the bottom embossing too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails