Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Frosty the Gift Card Holder


My mom asked me in the middle of December if I could make 10 gift card holders for her which I was more than happy to do.  So if any of you cruise the splitcoast galleries you would have seen these little cuties everywhere.   Mine was all improvised. I really didn't have any measurements was just going along on a wing and a prayer but I'll try to tell you how I put mine together.

I started with a 4x4 card base that you can't see after I attached frosty's face.  I cut his face on the cricut Storybook cart using the marquee shape at 5 inches.  I glued it to the card base and then cut a 1 1/4 in strip for the brim of his hat and a 2 x 4 3/4 in piece for the top of his hat.  I embossed both of those with the cuttlebug.  For his eyes I just used some circle punches and added a dot with a white marker.  The nose... I punched an orange square and cut the corner off at an angle.  I drew on his happy little mouth that acutally makes him look a bit tipsy, he should have laid off the egg nog.  The holly is also cut from the cricut Joy of the Season cart.  It doesn't show in the pick but he has diamond stickles all around the edge of his face and eyelids to give him a little bling for the holiday season.

Hope you enjoyed this project. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by  If I can ever get to a 100 followers I think I'll have to offer up some more blog candy :)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Carrie, this is just adorable! I'll definitely be CASEing these. :-D

Marilyn said...

This is as cute as can be Carrie & very clever!

JazzyH said...

Cute!

Mary G. said...

This little guy is adorable!!! Great job!!

Alissa said...

I really like this project Carrie. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Kathy said...

Adorable gift card holder. Love the shape of it and his droopy eyes are too cute.

Scrapping Cat said...

This is soooo adorable...think I might have to lift this idea...I love the shape you used for his face...genius!!!

Karen Howard said...

This is wonderful, love the embossing and fig die cut on the hat! Hugs, Karen

Dr Sonia S V said...

How sweet your snowman looks
Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails