Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love ... Tim Holtz style


When I think of Tim Holtz I think of vintage collage and this is my homage to him.  This card literally came together just as you see it, layer by layer.  I started out with the idea of the bingo card (unity stamp) and Eiffel tower stamp (tim holtz) together on a card and then wasn't sure where I was going to go from there.   I love how everything fell into place though. 

So after I got those 2 layers done I searched through my wide stash of stamps to see what could be added and what would be more perfect than SU's Carte Postale set.  It was nice to dust off this set, I haven't used it in awhile. 

So here's how it all was made.   I started out stamping the bingo in stazon black and then cutting it out and rubbed ranger tea dye ink on it with a cotton ball.  I then stamped the Eiffel tower stamp and did the same thing to it but layered it with some real red cardstock.  I stamped the Fleur DE Li's image in real red on the same color cardstock.  OK half way there but it still needed a little something.  So next came the carte postale sentiment from the SU set of the same name. I thought maybe that was all it needed.

Nope not yet... something else was missing.  I stamped the little postage stamp from the same Tim Holtz set the Paris stamp came from added it to the bottom right corner and then I just love the bird from the carte postale Su set and added him in there too but he needed a little bling so after adhering him I covered him in black stickles

I cut out the banner from the cricut cart Straight from the nest at 1 inch and shadowed it in black.  I then added some left over stickers to it since I don't have an alpha set small enough to stamp the word Love on there.  I stared at this card for a long time making sure it wasn't too much but at the same time making sure I had just enough on it and then came the leaves at the bottom.  I stamped them in real red, rubbed the same tea dye ink on it and VOILA I was finis. 

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to get a chance to win my blog candy  leave a comment on that post (Jan 3rd) and one other post on this blog.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, this card is amazing! Great job Carrie.

Kristi said...

This is so pretty..totally my style!

Hugs,
Kristi

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is just outstaning!!!! So very vintage and just lovely.
Lynn

Lisa said...

Hi, Carrie! I liked reading about how this card came together. Am always thinking that collage and vintage are not my style, but my eye is always drawn to those cards! Carte Postale IS perfect for this card! TFS! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Carrie! I'd like to invite you to our new Yahoo Group for Stamps R Us and need your e mail address. You can contact me at gonestampin(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks, Jan

Alissa said...

Oh Carrie this is sooooooo pretty. Love how it's all coordinated. Gorgeous!

Karli said...

T!m would be proud :) Oh, BTW, You were so right about Straight from the Nest- it is a GREAT cart :)Big hugs~

Paige said...

Fantastic card! I really struggle with collage, but you are amazing!

Debc06 said...

Lovely card your colors are wonderful. I am a brand new follower. GL and happy blogaversary.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com/

The Mama Monkey said...

Great job! It sure did come together beautifully!!

Rhonda said...

Hi, Carrie, Am in love with this collage and vintage card, I have all them stamps and have not used them as I don't know where to start...
But if you don't mind I would love to case this card...

Hugs
Rhonda A

Rhonda said...

Carrie,
I forgot to actually ask your permission to be able to case the card? :)

Hugs
Rhonda A

Carrie said...

Sure Rhonda you can case the card. Have fun :)

Kathy said...

Really cool, this is such a different style for you and you rocked it. The banner is so cool at the top.

Marilyn said...

Love the vintage look you have with this card. The black & red combo is just perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails