Friday, January 21, 2011

A Morning Cup


My friend Sarah asked me if I would be willing to do some challenges with her this year to get her motivated in her stamp room.  Of course I said yes and we spent some time talking on the phone deciding what kind of challenges we would be doing and even made out a mini calendar.  So here's our first challenge, make a card using a coffee themed stamp.  I LOVE coffee...  So you know I would love coffee themed stamps and what better stamp set than this one from Verve called Delightful and Delicious.

Here's what I used.... the base is SU soft sky ... oh hear my plea SU and bring back soft sky... I then layered it with some dp from DCWV Linen stack.  I added SU Crumb cake to the base too using the scallop trim border punch, my new favorite border punch.  The notebook paper is also a Verve stamp from the set Blue Skies along with the little swirl peeking out the side.  I stamped the sentiment (verve delightful and delicious set) on the notebook paper with expresso ink SU.  I then stamped the cups in expresso and blue bayou ink and cut them out.  It needed just one more thing so I added the flower, another verve stamp from petals and stems, to the side stamping it in blue bayou also.

Thanks for stopping by and Sarah I'll be checking your gallery to see what you created :)  Have a great day.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

This is adorable! I like how you stacked the cups & I love that Linen Stack DP! Thank you so much for helping me get motivated! I even have the next challenge card done already!! Heck who knows, maybe someday I'll start my own blog! :-D

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Carrie! The papers, stamps, and the border punch are so pretty!
Time for another cup of coffee!
Glenda

jimlynn said...

Great idea Carrie! And I love your card (don't like coffee but LOVE the card)!
Lynn

Becki B said...

Beautiful card Carrie! I love the colors especially! I just got a couple of coffee sets recently so I may just play. I will post them on my blog if I get to stamp soon! LOL.

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is awesome! And I'm drinking a warm cup of Campfire Mocha from Caribou as I'm drooling over your card! Beautiful as always. Hugs, Karen

Paige said...

Lovely card! Oh, I hear ya on the Soft Sky! Of all the papers I've hoarded, why oh why did I not buy and hoard more of that color!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I do not drink coffee- but love this card- I know so many people who I could send a card like this to! I love the sentiment and the lined paper- and the flower you added. Awesome!

Alissa said...

I want this card to frame and put on my desk at work LOL I love everything about this card!

Kathy said...

LOVE this, that is such a great color combo (agree with you about Soft Sky). Perfect combo of Verve sets, too. Fun card for any coffee lover.

Marilyn said...

Great card Carrie... I like it a lot!

Monica said...

What a whacky sentiment... love it. And what nice coffee colours as well.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails