Monday, January 10, 2011

Smile


Here's a happy go lucky card for you today.  The inspriation for this came out of the Paper Crafts special issue Card Creations Favorite Occasions vol 2.  I LOVE this specialty issue.  It has so many wonderful cards to draw inspriation from.  I have multiple pages dog-eared to refer to.  So the original card came from page 16 called Hey Buddy.  The original used a plane carrying a message behind but I had to improvise.

The base of this card is SU celery and then its layered with some OLD dcwv papers from who knows where I've had it so long.  It has a greenish/blue hue but it doesn't show well in this pic.  I then added the white panel and cut the trees and grass and cloud from the cricut cart Straight from the Nest.  All the cuts were either 1 1/4 in or 1 1/2 in.  I stamped the balloon from Verve's up and away set and then stamped it a second time on some dp and cut it out adding pop dots to it.  The sentiment is a clear stamp from TPC Studios that I punched out with the SU's oval punches. 

I hope this put a smile on your face.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget you still have a chance at some blog candy.  Check out my post from Jan 3rd for you chance to win.

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

SO very cute!!!! Love that little hot air balloon! Too cute.
And yes, I get alot of inspiration for the same source!
Lynn

Lisa said...

And mission accomplished...you definitely made me smile w/ this card! That balloon is SO cute!

Congrats on using up some old DP too! :)

Sarah said...

So cute! Love the balloon & trees.

Glenda said...

Always a smile when I see your cards! So pretty!

Glenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Another darling card! I love the soft colors you used- and the fun row of trees! I am learning to use my cricut......Smiling here...!

Kathy said...

Bright and cheerful, I love it Carrie! One of my fave Verve sets.

Paige said...

This card is a smile-maker!

Karen Howard said...

These balloons make me smile too, love the checkered print!

Tami said...

very pretty love the trees

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails