Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank You Takes Flight


Today's card I made as a thank you for my son's birthday party. He actually had a Toy Story themed party but I didn't have anything I could use with that theme for a thank you card so what better than a little red airplane.  I think this is one of the favorites of the cricut cards I've done.  I got to use 2 of the new carts I got for Christmas on this card, Wall Decor and More and Hoot n Holler.  I also used some paper I didn't even remember I had, see what happens when you decide to go through and clean out some stuff in your stamp room.  So onto the details...

I started with the white base and layered it with kraft cardstock I ran through the cuttlebug.  I cut a 1 3/4 in piece of cloud paper (who knows where it came from) and layered it with white and added the scallop trim border to the bottom.  I then cut the plane out from wall decor and more on the shadow feature and cut it at 2 inches.  I sponged the plane with some real red ink and stamped the sentiment on the side. My finishing touch to the plane was the little white brad in wheel.  The trees were cut from Hoot N Holler at 1 1/2 inches with all its layers.  The grass was from Straight from the nest at 1 1/4 inch. 

Thanks for stopping and I hope you like this card as much as I do.  Have a wonderful day

15 comments:

Kathy said...

This is adorable, what a cute thank you card. The brad in the wheel is such a great touch.

Kristi S. said...

Carrie,
I just discovered you on the Cricut board. we posted to the same thread about card blogs. Your work is awesome and I have now become a follower. I would be delighted if you would visit me!

[[hugs]]
Kristi

jimlynn said...

It's darling!!! Love that little plane Carrie. Such a cute, cute card.
Lynn

Lisa said...

You are SO good at making cards w/ the Cricut, Carrie! Chirp On! :)

JazzyH said...

Great texture!

Becki B said...

This is just so adorable!!! Love how you did the grass and the plane!

The Mama Monkey said...

So cute! Reminds me of a plane they honor in Japan...Miss Veedol. Google it and see! What a trip!

Sarah said...

So cute! You are amazing with that cricut! I might have to visit just to get lessons!

Paige said...

Great card! Love the airplane!

Alissa said...

You are the queen of setting the whole scene Carrie - the rhyme was totally not intended... anyways, I've never seen cards that complete the entire theme and ensemble like yours do. So unique!

Renee said...

This is such a cute card! I love the airplane!!

I'm sorry for being such a bad blogger and not visiting more :(

Renee

Mary G. said...

Carrie,what a FUN card!!! LOVE that plane (and especially the brad as the 'hub cap'. Beautifully done!!

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is just too cute! Great layout and colors, too! Blessings to you!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Carrie form Design DIVAS...this is so clever. Wow.

Jillwag said...

Cute card! I am always looking for boy/male cards for ideas! This is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails