Thursday, January 13, 2011

You Make the World Special


I finally used my SU medallion stamp on a card I actually like.  That stamp has been my nemesis since I bought it.  I have seen gorgeous creations made with this stamp but for me it was a thorn in my side.  This pic kind of makes the colors looked washed out but in real life its much richer than what you see here.

I started with the white card base and added a piece of SU crumb cake embossed with the finial press folder SU.  I then took the greenish dp added it at an angle.  I stamped my medallion stamp with stazon black and trimmed it down to fit to the side.   I had some left over flocked card stock I bought on clearance years ago from Joann's and thought this card could use a pop of yellow.  I added the scallop trim border to it before adhering it to the card.   Next I used the Feel The Sun set from Verve for the flower and sentiment.  I stamped the flower on 2 different dps and cut it out pasting it together.  The sentiment was punched out using designer label punch from SU which I mated with 2 more designer label pieces I off set to each side.  The flourish is from the Home Decor cricut cart cut at 1 1/4 inch. 

That about does it for today.  Don't forget the blogaversary candy this month. You have 2 days left for your chance to win.

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Carrie, it's BEAUTIFUL! Love how you used that image. So pretty.
I've got stamps that do the same thing to me....I see so many pretty cards with them, I get the stamp, and uck! Yours is wonderful though.
Lynn

Kathy said...

This is stunning Carrie, love the look of that medallion, and that Verve set always makes the loveliest cards. Your color combo is so pretty, such a masterpiece!

Lisa said...

We're in the same boat, Carrie...I loved that Medallion stamp when I saw it, but definitely don't use it! You did good!! Love the yellow and how you used the same green DP for the leaves. The swirl is the icing on the cake!
Have you submitted this one to Just Cards?!!! If not, I think you should! :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that buys a beautiful stamp and then I'm not sure what to do with it! Your card is beautiful!

You asked in a comment on my blog about an embossing folder, it's made by Sizzix.

Alissa said...

This card has so many different techniques that all come together so perfectly. It's really gorgeous Carrie.

Becki B said...

I love how you used it Carrie! I too have seen some beautiful cards made with it but I don't think I would use it much. Great card.

Karli said...

Nemesis of this medallion stamp- party of two! Oh, I sooo feel you on that! I'll break into it too... eventually! But I love how you used it, carrie :) Big hugs~

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Carrie, you did a great job with the big, bad medallion! Way to take it on!

Paige said...

Beautiful card and really love the layout too!

Karen Howard said...

Lovely card and the swirls drew my attention to your blog template, it is the cutest blog on the block!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- the medallion is wonderful and your choice of color is awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails