Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Tweety


I know isn't that a corny title LOL It's the best I could come up with when looking at this card.  I was late getting started on my Valentine's Day cards this year.  I usually have them done before the first of the year but didn't start them till later this time.  This card is really quick to do and gave me a chance to use up so old dp scraps I had laying around in the "I'll use this one day pile".

The bird stamps are from TPC Studio Whimsical Birds and I colored them with a SU marker.  The little tag came from the SU set Happy Heart Day, that I cut out by hand and then layered on a black piece of cardstock cutting it out a second time and adding the brad to the top.  I stamped the heart from SU's  happy hearts and cut it out, also layered it on some black cs.  I have to say I think hearts are the hardest thing to cut out and have it not look like my 6yr old cut it... well at least for me.  As you can see I also used the scallop trim border punch from SU  I am SO addicted to this punch so don't be surprised if you see it ALOT more.

So have you started on your valentine cards yet?  I hope so, only 13 more days.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this! Those birds are just too cute!! I hate cutting out hearts too, I have the hardest time! Believe it or not I've been done with Valentine's for about a week now. Unheard of for me! LOL Thought about starting Easter but didn't wanna push it. LOL

JazzyH said...

Cute!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a pretty Valentine Carrie! I love the pink and your layout. Addicted to a punch :) lol, glad I'm not the only one who gets stuck on something crafty for awhile!

jimlynn said...

Sensational Valentine's card!!! Love those little birds - and yes, I too love that punch!
Lynn

Becki B said...

Love the little birdies! Too cute!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love the title!! And the card is cute, too!! :)

Alissa said...

Very clever title Carrie - the image and the DP is perfect. I really like that scallop punch too. It really pulled everything together. I need to get going with my Vday cards! Thanks for the push! :)

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a cute card, lovin' your title! I like the layout and image, tweet.

Jingle said...

This is so cute! Great Valentine!

Marilyn said...

I love this card Carrie... it's as cute as can be.

Kathy said...

Very pretty, love the dsp, the whimsical birds and the border punch combo. Lovely girly card. I just picked myself up off the floor after reading that your Valentines are usually done by the first of the year, I thought I was ahead starting in mid January, think I need a lesson in planning from you! Great card, hope all the rest will come together easily for you!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the cute birds and the great layout. The punched border is awesome- and love the designer paper too.

rosiebudstamp said...

Those bird are SO UBER CUTE....thanks for the TWEET Valentines' card.........

hugs Sistah!

Pearl

Karen Howard said...

OMG, love those birds, so adorable!!! Hugs, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails