Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello Spring


Bring on the sun and warm weather.  While we're speaking of warm ...banners seem to be the hot thing this year on cards and scrapbook pages and I can see why. They add such a cuteness factor and they are addicting once you start doing them.  Plus if you have a stash of Alpha stickers and you know you ALL do... its a great way to use them up.  

Again I've used up some more of my let's hold on to this paper for just the right occasion.  Well I've decided every day is the right occasion.  So here we go ... I layered the white base with some basic grey paper from a little 6x6 pad called recess.  The plaid layer is DCWV dots, stripes and plaids stack. The polka paper is old dcwv that I've been hoarding.  That just about covers the paper end of it. 
How the rest was done ... I cut the banner from the cricut using straight from the nest and it was trial and error with the size since I needed so many for the letters.  The kite is from the Pooh and Friends cart.  The adorable little elephant is Emery from Verve.  Just the cutest stamp ever.  I stamped him twice on gray and cut just his head out the second time adding pop dots to it.  The hello square is also from Verve Happy Hello set.

I hope this card cries out to Mother Nature and she delivers me the weather I'm asking for.  Till then, thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again.  This card qualifies for Use It Tuesday's challenge, use some old dp and quit hoarding it and we all know what a dp hoarder I am.  I believe there is still time to play along so check out my side bar and under challenges click the link Use It Tuesday.  Its lots of fun and you'll get to use up your stash!!!

13 comments:

lize said...

hi Carrie, very cute, I need to get busy, and make some Spring cards. I will try this week. Love the little banner. I want straight from the nest !!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Carrie, this is so cute! And look how much hoarded paper you used! BG and DCWV!!! You win the prize girl! That may have set me over the edge! ;)

Love the color palette and the kite was a darling addition!

Thanks for playing with Use it Tuesday!!

Lisa said...

Hi, Carrie! I wasn't feeling the banner trend until you mentioned how it's a great way to use letter stickers!! You got my attention...thanks for the great idea! Your card is really cute! :)

Alissa said...

Love the little elephant and how you popped his face out for dimension. so cute!

KER said...

all together adorable...love that elephant...and all the elements of this card really make it a wonderful one

Karli said...

Oh Carrie, your card is sooooo cute! Luuuv all the Cricut additions. The paper is just perfect too :) hope spring comes your way soon! Hugs

Kathy said...

Great job using the hoarded paper. Love the bright and springy colors. The banner is so cool too. Great card Carrie!

Sarah said...

So adorable...never did a banner before, might have to try it. Love the kite.

Karen Howard said...

The elephant is simply adorable and you are right, banners add so much to a card! Hugs, Karen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling elephant- love how you use that Cricut too. The banner is so cute.

Mary G. said...

Adorable card, Carrie!! That elephant is so cute!

Monica said...

So cute - love the 3D effect.

xxx Monica

Julie said...

What a cute card. Just love that elephant. Great job on the challenge. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails