Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Key to My Heart


I want to give a warm WELCOME and HELLO to my new followers.  I hope you find something that inspires you here and I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm really loving the new Verve set Love Notes.  This card I created has a mixture of cricut and stamping on it and that seems to be the design of choice for me is mixing up the two.  You'll see more of this Verve set I used in some upcoming cards this month.  This one could be used for Valentine, Anniversary, Love, a wide variety of occasions.  I like the fact that I used up some older stuff I've been hoarding, that's my favorite part of this card.  So on to the details...

Base white, then layered with some SU going gray that I embossed with the sizzix folder finial press SU.  The dp layer is old old old creative memory paper that I matted with black and used the SU scallop trim border punch.  I cut the black swirl from the cricut using the Wall Decor and More cart.  I then stamped the heart from Verve  on regal rose paper SU and cut it out. Then I stamped the sentiment from the same verve set on it and applied it with pop dots over the swirl.  I dug through more of my stash and found some prima flowers I picked up on QVC a couple years ago.  It still needed a little something so that's when I broke out the gems I've been hoarding and tried to make my own little swirl with them.  The final touch was the little key I cut from Wall Decor and More cricut cart and attached it to the top of the heart after I sponged it a little with some black ink. 

Hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks for stopping by.  I dare you to shop your own stash and use something you've been hoarding... go ahead I dare you .. I promise it won't hurt either.  Well you might feel a little twinge of anxiety but it passes!  Check out the new USE IT blog. You can find the link in my sidebar under challenge category.  Its a great way to use what you already have.

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh wow, Carrie....this is outstanding. It's beautiful. So very pretty.
Lynn

The Mama Monkey said...

Yay Carrie! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday! It does feel so good to use the stash! And look at the gorgeous results! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is simply beautiful! I love the layout and the embossing- the colors are just perfect! Yikes- use stuff from my stash.....! Cut into that DSP??? OK- will give it a go!

Karli said...

You know I'm a big fan of how you incorporate your Cricut intoyour creations without making a "Cricut" card. kwim??? Yes, you're so right, it hurts to go into your reserved stash, but it does pass :) Hugs~

Sarah said...

Oh this is gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me. :-)

Donna Heber said...

Carrie,

Gorgeous Valentine! I'm so glad you went into your stash ... lol.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card! I love the embossing and flowers!

Karen said...

Carrie, I found your blog via SCS! Just wanted to say that I think you do lovely work and I'll be back often!

Karen
x

Lisa said...

Love your "multi-elemental" card! Everything just goes together SO well!
:)

Kathy said...

Love this elegant Verve-y creation, it's beautiful. The key is the perfect finishing touch. I need to shop my stash, too.

Jennipher Lowery said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I'm following you now!

Monica said...

So stylish and posh... love the embossed paper and the tie die paper as well.The gems and sentiment add to it's glory.

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails