Monday, February 21, 2011

A Little Bit of Spring


How about I keep with the spring theme for a bit longer and share this one with you.

This card was made for a mag submission that didn't get picked sadly but I like it obviously.  The stamps are by Verve, Because of You and Feel the Sun sets.  Verve has the best sentiments.  The bright dp is DCWV from the Cafe Meditteranean stack.  The flower was stamped in pumpkin pie SU and the little butterfly is a MS punch.

That's about it for today, short and sweet.  Hope this brought a little sunshine to your day.  How many days left of winter?

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Too many if you ask me! Our warm weather is turning cooler again this week. :-( Love the spring card though. That paper is gorgeous! The butterfly is a nice touch.

Patty said...

Oh, I think your card should have been picked, it's a wonderful card- great colors and perfect layout!

....and I've had enough of old man winter! When I woke up this morning we had another 6" of the white stuff...UGH!

jimlynn said...

I would have picked it for sure! It's lovely. The butterfly is just the perfect touch.
Lynn

Kathy said...

Carrie, this one should have been picked for SURE. This color combo rocks, so fresh fun and springy, love it. I'm with you, Verve really does sentiments so well!

Mary G. said...

So pretty, Carrie!! Love the bright colors...I sure wish spring was here! More snow coming tonight... :(

Becki B said...

I love the vibrant DP and the butterfly is a perfect embelly!

Karli said...

Stop the madness! What, it wasn't picked??? It caught my eye right away! beautiful card Carrie- luuuv the bright cheery colors. TFS- Hugs~

The Mama Monkey said...

LOVE the colors! They are the perfect pick me to winter, that is for sure!

Paige said...

The dp is beatiful and complements the image so well!

Alissa said...

I would have picked it Carrie! The paper is really pretty and I like how the butterfly comes off the page.

Karen Howard said...

This is just like spring, very pretty!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card even if it didn't get picked for the magazine, their loss. I really like the layout and colors!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is one of those Wow cards- I am so surprised it was not chosen! I love the layout and the great color and DSP.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails