Monday, February 7, 2011

My Heart Belongs to You ... CAS style


I have another Valentine for you that's along the lines of a CAS style card with minimal layers.  Believe it or not Valentine images are not ones I have a lot of and I almost forgot about this little cutie from the Greeting Card Kids set from SU.  So when searching through my stamps and finding her I knew this would be a great image to make a Valentine for my mom. 

Real simple to do ... some real red cardstock embossed with the textile folder through the cuttlebug.  I then found this fabulous paper in my stash of DCWV stacks Doodlin Around.  Did you notice I DIDN"T use the scallop trim border punch on this one.  I almost did but remembered I had the Martha Stewart heart border punch instead.  I colored the image with some SU markers.  I then added some star dust stickles to the base of her dress and little socks.  To the heart I added some paper glaze to give it some dimension, which you can barely see in the photo.  The sentiment is from a changito set by stampendous and I punched it out layering it with some circles and scallop punch from SU. 

Thanks for stopping, thanks for the comments, hope you're having a wonderful February  Plus if you're looking for a challenge check out my sidebar in the Challenge section. Stamps R Us blog group has a Valentine challenge going on right now, don't miss it.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so sweet! Your mom is going to love this. I used paper glaze for the first time a few weeks ago, oh my, I love it!

jimlynn said...

What a perfect little Valentine Carrie! So cute.
LYnn

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Carrie this is so pretty, I love the hearts border and the colors are yummie, love it!

Monica said...

Lovely card... the embossing looks perfect.

xxx Monica

Lisa said...

You put every element together so well on this card, Carrie! Perfect border punch and perfect sentiment for your mom! She'll love it! :)

Snowmanlover said...

So very cute!!

rosiebudstamp said...

There you go again ...beautifulness...I love it...glad to see you are using the Campbell kids....lol

hugs
Carriesistahbella

JazzyH said...

Adorable!

MiamiKel said...

Super cute card, Carrie! I saw your post on SCS and you have one more follower! :) x0x0

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I am trying to not buy this set, but I love it- your card is darling! The CAS layout is just wonderful- love the embossed background and the heart punch.

Alissa said...

Wow Carrie, you really outdid yourself on this one. That embossing is terrific and the scalloped border really pulls it all together.

Kathy said...

This image is darling. Love the papers you chose, too. So well put together, great card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails