Friday, February 11, 2011

My Heart Belongs to You ... Second Version


I loved the papers and other elements of my previous My Heart Belongs to You card that I decided to use the same things but rework it a bit.  This is what I came up with.  For this one I turned the card horizontally and added an extra panel in pink that I ran through the cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder.  Everything else for the card is the same but for those that didn't read my previous post I'll give a quick list of supplies. 

Cardstock ... white, real red, pink scraps, dp dcwv doodling around stack.
Cuttlebug ...  textile folder and swiss dots folder.  
Punches ... Martha Stewart heart border, circles and scallop circles from SU.  
Stamps ... greeting card kids SU, sentiment Stampendous  
Colored with SU markers added stickles and paper glaze.

Now this card was also done for challenge 2 between my friend Sarah and I.  Theme for this one of course was Valentine's Day.  I have to say I like version 2 of my card better but I'm a layer type of gal so I think that's why it appeals to me more.  Which version do you like better?

Thanks for stopping by, Happy Valentine's Day.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Very pretty & even prettier in person! I couldn't choose between the two, I love them both!

jimlynn said...

So sweet Carrie and I'm just loving that heart border punch too.
Lynn

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card reworked, I'm so sorry about the embossing folders too :) Just when I think I have enough of them I see something else I'd really like to have...

Texture as well as layers are good, right? Have a great day my friend!

Lisa said...

So was the challenge to make 2 of the same cards, one CAS and one not? That is a great idea! I love them both...

Kathy said...

So pretty. I really love the tilted panel. Sweet Valentine.

~Chris~ said...

What a beautiful Card. I love the design and colors you chose.

The Mama Monkey said...

Humm...well maybe this one too because I LOVE layers as well! But they are both great!!

Paige said...

You made a fabulous card here!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the image (you know that) and the great DSP. I have a Blog award for you on my blog!

Karen Howard said...

This is really sweet, love the papers, colors, image, texture you used on the background... everything! Happy Valentine's Day!

Patty said...

What a darling Valentine's Day card, I forgot about that cute image being in this stamp set.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails