Friday, February 25, 2011

So Sweet of You


So I'm on my next challenge my friend and I are doing and I kind of cheated at this one.  Our challenge for today was we had to pick a MOJO sketch to use and while I did pick a sketch I used a sketch from the Sweet Stop blog.  You can find the link in my sidebar under challenges.  Hope you don't mind Sarah :)

Isn't this paper pretty?  Its from the dcwv stack Hippie Chic.  I love the rich colors in it.  Now the one color paper I used was from my scrap pile so I'm not sure if its SU's really rust or dusty durango but it matched the colors in the design perfectly.  The squares were also from my scrap pile so I really can't tell you the color.  I can however tell you the stamp I used for the squares and its by Verve from the Happy Hello set, where the circle and sentiment also came from.  To punch the circle out I used the SU punch 1 3/8 circle and as you see works perfectly.  When I originally put the card together I left the 2 blue squares blank but it was just too blah so I searched through my stamps for a small image and came across this one from Verve in the Feel the Sun set.

I hope you enjoyed this card today and I hope my friend enjoyed it because by now she should have it in her possession.  Thanks for stopping, have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

I don't know how you do it Carrie but this is just lovely! That patterned paper is so perfect and it's a great card.
Lynn

Monica said...

Such a lovely blend of so many papers all brought together so well. I could never do that... I just seem to hoard pretty papers and never seem to get down to using them... maybe now I will after seeing this brilliant card.

xxx Monica

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is really pretty! I love the colors you chose! I was bad tonight...I bought a DCWV paper pack on sale at J's. Well, it was technically FREE since I had a $10 coupon. ;) I am an addict...

Paige said...

I LOVE everything about this beautiful card! The paper patterns remind me of my shopping spree yesterday at a Vera Bradley store!

Mary G. said...

Great card, Carrie!! I'm loving that paper!!! It's a MUST have!!
TFS!

Lisa said...

Great stamp/paper combo here, Carrie! A reminder that non-lumpy cards can be so beautiful. :)

Kathy said...

That paper is gorgeous. Love the combo of colors. Cool mojo layout you picked, too. I bet your friend loves this one.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How pretty- love the DSP you used- how elegant this is!

Tami said...

I really like the layout on this one and the colors and the embossing

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty, I LOVE all the layers and these colors are stunning together. Hugs, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails