Monday, February 14, 2011

XOXO


Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope everyone gets spoiled a little today.  Almost everything on this card is something new.  Most of it was a birthday gift from my sweet Rotten friend (and she knows why I'm calling her rotten )  This is the Valentine card I made from my son to the grandparents.

Here's how it was created.  The card base is white and layered with bash blue embossed with the quickcutz embossing folder polka dots.  The dp is from a new dcwv stack dots, stripes and plaids that I was drooling over in J's but refused to buy because I have tons of paper and I told my friend about my temptation at J's that day and how I stayed strong and left the store without it and then a birthday package showed up for me last month and there was the paper I was drooling over ... she's so rotten LOL  The stamps are new from Verve called Love Notes and a plain jane stamp called Emery.  Emery is the little elephant that I just fell in love with and  I stamped him on gray paper and then cut his body off to make him look like he's hanging over the heart.  The scallop circle is a marvy punch and I dotted the scallops with a red marker.  Border punch is SU scallop trim border punch.

Thanks for looking, May today be filled with love, chocolate and roses for everyone.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Carrie! Loving the blues and reds here...and the adorable Emery! :)

Sarah said...

Oh this is adorable! Ya know, you're not very good for keeping me on my craft "diet." Every time I come here I am tempted to buy something else! LOL I love the CB background. I'm thinking Emery is going on my shopping list. Thank you very much. :-D

Margie said...

This is so pretty! Definitely love your color combo and that cute sentiment stamp. TFS!

Jingle said...

Very cute!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

jimlynn said...

Adorable!!! Love those colors too. So very cute.
Hope you have a GREAT day.
Lynn

Donna Heber said...

Adorable Carrie! Happy Valentine's Day!

The Mama Monkey said...

so cute! i really love the nontraditional blue thrown in there! darling!

Jackie said...

Such a cute card & nice colors....I love the *polka dot* background you made! TFS!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Carrie, what a darling elephant with the heart, I love it!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is adorable and I could kiss that little elephant!

Tami said...

That little elephant is cute and love the colors:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails