Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You are the Sunshine for my Soul


Well I actually got to participate in a SCS challenge on the day of the actual challenge.  Its been a long time since I've done the sketch challenge on time and this was for SCS320.  We're supposed to have spring like weather for the next couple days and the snow is finally melted so this is my ode to Spring arriving.  Here's what I used

Base is kraft layered with some dcwv pink and then some dp from dcwv rustic stack.  The tree is from SU's branch out set stamped in expresso and the leaves in pretty in pink.  The Hello Spring panel is a combo of stamps...Spring from SU and the rest from Verve Happy Hello set.  The butterfly is also a verve stamp from Blue Skies and colored with SU markers.

Thanks for looking.  Hope you're having some gorgeous weather too.  Have a great day.

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is just breath-taking!!! SO VERY PRETTY! Love how you added the butterfly-perfect! I really like that Branching Out set and could just kick myself for not getting it. Gorgeous card!
LYnn

Sarah said...

Very, very pretty! Love how you take several sets & use them together. You really have an eye for that. Gorgeous!

The Mama Monkey said...

Well, still winter here. -30 today, so at least it is getting warmer. ;) You know, I love branch out used for spring! I only seem to pull it out in the fall! I think you have inspired me!

~Chris~ said...

What a beautiful Card. I love the colors you chose. The Butterfly is a great touch!

Alissa said...

You always put so many different techniques and ideas into one card - it still amazes me. Gorgeous.

JazzyH said...

I love the colors!

Paige said...

Carrie, your card is a wonderful tribute to Spring! beautiful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I say Wow alot when I stop by your blog- love this pretty card!

Patty said...

What a beautiful card! Branch Out is such a pretty set, I wish they would put it in the next catalog!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is really pretty! I love the layout and the butterfly makes me smile!

Kathy said...

So pretty, I love the way you combined so many stamps here. Such pretty colors, too. Great take on that sketch, it stumped me!

Monica said...

Very pretty... love the sentiment...

xxx Monica

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails