Monday, March 7, 2011

Birds and Flowers


Today's card is a semi case from SCS.  I kept the layout and concept of the card but changed all the stamp sets and colors.  I was happy to use the SU bird punch again since I've only used it a couple times but had to have it... you know that feeling :) 

So here's the details on the card...  Base is close to cocoa and layered with some baja breeze that I embossed with SU's new tulip folder.  I love the way this folder frames the image.  Then I layered some vanilla with some choc chip paper for the insert.  I first stamped the speckled bg which is one of the first stamps I ever picked up from Joann's years ago and do not currently know the name of it.  The flowers are an SU set watercolor trio that I stamped in artichoke and baja breeze colors.  I punched the bird on some cocoa paper and embossed it with the textile folder.  The sentiment is also SU from the same set as the flowers watercolor trio.  I dug into my ribbon stash and pulled out some of these fibers from who knows where for the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.  Sorry for the crooked pic today.

12 comments:

Margie said...

PRETTY! The embossing adds great texture to the bird and I love this color scheme!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Carrie....Love the colors you used. Just looks so very elegant.
LYnn

Sarah said...

Pretty. So soft & elegant. I love that color combo.

Julie said...

Very pretty. Love the blue. :) Makes me think of spring, could be because I am more than ready for spring to hit Iowa. LOL

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Carrie! Love the colors and the details of the embossed frame and bird. Such a perfect sentiment!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

The Mama Monkey said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Carrie! Those colors are so pretty and soft together!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous- love the beautiful colors- so soft and pretty. I love the bird you created.

Amanda said...

Beautiful, the colors are so soft. Love the layout.

Paige said...

Beautiful colors on this card! love the embossed bird!

Kathy said...

So very elegant. Now you have me "needing" the bird punch and tulip folder, lol! Such a gorgeous card.

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is gorgeous and I LOVE the birdie!!!

Marilyn said...

Wow Carrie! I really like this.. I like it a lot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails