Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dropping You a Line


Shopping at Joann's is bad for your wallet.  I don't know how your J store is but the super one I frequent puts all their dollar bins along the check out line so as you're waiting your turn for the check out you get to shop while you wait and of course one of those dollar bins is stamps and after all who can pass up a dollar stamp set.  I mean what a bargain.  So during one of my trips while perusing the bins I found this sweet little set and thought well I just have to have it.  UGH!!  But I'm so glad I picked it up even if its been sitting on my desk for at least 6 months waiting to be inked up before it can be put away.

So here's the concept behind this card.  Started with the Studio G set and wanted to keep the card kind of clean, but I guess it doesn't technically qualify for CAS with all the layers.  Anyway I started with the fish image and how I got this little guy striped was by pulling my marker back and forth only doing one pass each time.  When I saw the little bubble image that could be cut out I wanted to carry on with that theme.  So I used the quickkutz polka dot embossing folder on my base.  Then sticking with the bubbles and finding something that would match nemo here I found this dp in a dcwv mat stack Summer. I added the bashful blue swirled layer to simulate my water and finished it with some ribbon I just had laying around.

Have a great day.

8 comments:

Mary G. said...

Very cute!! We don't have a Joann's nearby, but I think most stores do the same thing...they KNOW we can't NOT look! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the white bubbles in the background! Great colors!

June K. said...

Love your stripes on your fish, Carrie. I'll have to remember that technique.

Our Joann's is the same. Tons of dollar goodies in those bins by the line. So tempting to keep looking.

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is so cute, love the little bubbles and hook!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darlingwhat a darling layout- love the little bubbles you added. hahaha how much did that 40% off coupon cost you???

Kathy said...

Super cute. I love orange and blue together, so fresh and bright. Love the way you did the bubbles, too. Now, I think you got your dollar's worth. I can't pass up those bargains either.

Marilyn said...

Cute... love the sentiment with the fish & line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails