Friday, March 11, 2011

Green Inspirations


This card was made for the private challenge my friend and I have going on.  Today's challenge was make a green card.  OK this was so hard for me.  I'm not big on making St Patty day cards so I knew that was out.  What was I going to do that was basically green. 

Well I got this cute new set from SU saleabration called Sweet Summer so that's where I started with my inspiration.  Celery is one of my fav greens from SU so that was the next step and then it just kind of fell into place from there.  Once I decided on the celery base I found 2 dp's that matched it.  Both are DCWV paper, the green stripe is OLD OLD OLD and I was so glad I hung on to it.  The floral paper is from the dcwv latte stack that has some of the prettiest papers in it.  That's where the plum accents came in at.  I took the plum from floral dp and used the perfect and pale plum markers from SU.  I cut the one flower out and popped it with dimensionals.  The sentiment is also SU from the circle of friendship set.  Oh and lets not forget the embossing on the celery.  With the swirl of the flower I searched my many embossing folders and found the swirls from the birds and swirls folder matched perfectly.  I also threw in a scalloped trim border for good measure though you can barely see it.

I'm very happy with the way this "green" card turned out and hope you like it too.  Thanks for having the idea of these challenges Sarah, they are quite fun.  Sorry for today's fuzzy picture.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh this turned out really cute! Don't you just love that set? It has become one of my fav's!

jimlynn said...

It's beautiful Carrie! Love that DP you used and Certainly Celery is one of my favorite colors too. Such a soft and pretty green. Love your card.
Lynn

Becki B said...

This looks really special Carrie, love the striped paper! I just got that stamp set day before yesterday, can't wait to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Julie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love how sutle the colors are. I can see why you like that stamp set, very pretty.

Gena said...

Don't you just love that latte stack? Very nice card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great green card- the color is wonderful- what a fun challenge.

Alissa said...

The paper is to die for. Honestly Carrie your cards would make Hallmark jealous. They're so pretty.

Stephanie said...

great card! i left you an award on my page!

http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Carrie, this card is gorgeous! what fun you had with this challenge!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Kathy said...

So pretty, green paired with purple/plum is such a stunning combo, this is lovely. Love the coordination between the embossing folder and you image, looks great!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Best card I've seen using this set. TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your green card is simply stunning! I love the images that you used, just beautiful :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails