Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a Sliver?



Who doesn't love cake.  Well I know there are pie lovers out there but really nothing is better than a big piece of chocolate cake with yummy, gooey, chocolate icing and ... oh ok wait a minute I'm getting off track here.

Today's card is all about the birthday and the sentiment is just as true as they come.  Birthdays are no day to eat just a sliver.  This card was made with SU's hostess set called Birthday Bakery.  I paired this cute image wth DCWV papers.  The top dp is from the Sweet stack and the bottom dp is more hoarded paper that I finally cut up.  I'm a cutting machine with all this hoarded dp lately.  The image was colored with some SU markers and I added a little stardust stickles to some of the cakes.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a big piece of cake today, its someone's birthday somewhere.

7 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Kathy said...

Love this one, how true it is! Your layout is beautiful, and way to go using those hoarded papers! Love the touch of stickles on the cakes, too, very yummy!

Sarah said...

Cute, cute, cute! The cakes look yummy!

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, cute! AND yummy looking too!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Mmmmmmmm Cake or pie......I like cake with very little frosting- mmmmm Great card- love the DSP you used too. And it is bedtime and my mouth is watering!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love this! You know, I thought that stamped part was actually DSP! You did a GREAT job!

June K. said...

Oh so cute. Such careful coloring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails