Friday, March 25, 2011

My Latest Chirp


So is the title a little corny?  Well you know twitter and its tweets and since there are a couple of our fine feathered friends on here ... well OK, so its a little corny but so am I.  So this card was done for another personal challenge between my friend Sarah and I.  It was to use our Verve set Wordy Birds.  I think this set is so darn cute and then I stare at it and think what am I going to do with this.  I know when I bought it I had all these fabulous ideas for it so where are they? Stashed in the back of my brain somewhere hiding while I struggle to remember what I was going to do.

So here's what I did with this card. The base is choc chip SU and in keeping with the theme of using up my stash this year I broke out the Green Stack from DCWV and picked 2 coordinating papers from it that are a close match to baja breeze by SU.  The birds I stamped on some old SU paper and cut out. So they weren't just floating there I added the little strip of celery punched with the scallop trim border punch to simulate grass.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I love reading all your comments. Hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute Carrie! I'm the same way with this set, have it but have no idea what to do with it, lol. You made such a fun little scene with it, just adorable! Love your title, too, I'm a sucker for puns!

Jingle said...

Very cute!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is DARLING! Those birds are too cute! Love what you did with it!

Sarah said...

Love it! I have a hard time with this set too. I'm going to try to play with it tomorrow. Wish me luck! LOL I love how you used the punch like grass. So adorable!

Paige said...

Cute card! Some stamps are more difficult to put to use, but you did a great job!

Alissa said...

It's cute Carrie. I love how clever you are with that stuff. This card is another classic of yours!

Karen Howard said...

I love those tweety birds and the clouds in the sky, gorgeous card!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails