Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bonjour


Bonjour April, Bonjour Spring!  I'm ready to just skip right over spring and head straight to the warm days of summer.  I'm not even giving spring a chance this year.  So what inspired this card today really has nothing to do with the temps, season or anything like that but as the song goes I love Paris in the Springtime.... anyway to get back on track my son has been all about the word Bonjour lately and figuring out how to say it and what it means.  He's been watching a lot of Ratatouille.  So that inspired me to break out my Tim Holtz French Market set and start creating. 

The background is going gray SU embossed with a sizzix diamond folder. I then used some scraps of pink dp from DCWV Luxury stack.  I originally just had the image in black but it looked so drab that I went back and highlighted certain portions with the SU pink pirouette marker.  The Bonjour sentiment is from SU carte postale set.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 

12 comments:

Sarah said...

So soft & pretty! Love the added highlights with the pink marker.

Mary G. said...

Carrie, this is beautiful! Love the colors and papers you used. Perfection!!!

Alissa said...

LOVE the texture on this one. Love that luxury paper, too. I have that same paper but it's so pretty I don't want to use it. Makes perfect sense, no? Love what you did with it. Gorgeous!

jimlynn said...

Carrie, this is just delightful! Love everything about it - so very pretty.
Lynn

Paige said...

Beautiful card! Love the texture and dimension!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- wonderful colors- I love the pink highlighting. Your card is fabulous!

Marilyn said...

Oh wow Carrie... everything about this is gorgeous. I love the arrangement, the colours, the papers. You are so, so good at this!

Karen Howard said...

Carrie, this is stunning! I LOVE everything and need to get those stamps so I can CASE your card! Hugs, Karen

Stamper for fun said...

What a beauty, Carrie.

The Mama Monkey said...

Love this Carrie! Great layout, too!! Bonjour spring for sure!!

Kathy said...

So elegant and beautiful. Cracked me up that it was inspired by Ratatouille! I love that movie. Your card is amazing, so soft and pretty!

Renee said...

WOW! I love how this turned out and everything you did to it! LOVE IT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails