Monday, April 18, 2011

He Has Risen


I usually don't do religious style cards mainly because I don't have many religious style stamps but I did pick this sentiment up a couple years ago at Michaels in the dollar stamp bin. I love the new yellow from Stampin Up called Daffodil Delight.  Its so rich and vibrant and I'm not a big yellow fan either.  So to make this card I covered the white base with a layer of Daffodil Delight that I embossed with finial press sizzix folder also by SU.  The trellis is a Martha Stewart large punch that I punched out twice and layered over each other.  I got the leaves from SU's two step bird punch and punched those out in celery.  I added the 2 flowers with my EK Success punch.  After it was all put together it needed a little something else so that's when I decided to add the bird from the SU two step bird punch.  But with it punched just in white it seemed to get lost on the card.  So I punched out 2 more birds in yellow and positioned it as a layer under the white bird.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you're having a wonderful April.

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Carrie, this is beautiful! Wonderful job with the colors and punches! And I love the sentiment stamp! Blessings to you!

KER said...

this is beautiful...love the embossing and punching...the true meaning of easter is evident

jimlynn said...

Carrie....I have to tell you..this is just THE PRETTIEST!!! It's gorgeous. Love the trellis, sentiment, colors, bird....everything. Totally beautiful.
Lynn

Alissa said...

The trellis with that embossing is to die for!

Anna K said...

What a very pretty card!

Karli said...

beautiful! Luuuv the bird above the sentiment, the sprinkling of leaves & flowers & the embossing. In other words, I love it all! Hugs~

Kathy said...

Wow, this one is super elegant. Think I need some daffodil delight now!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card! Love the trellis & the colors are so soft & pretty.

The Mama Monkey said...

Love that stamp! It is a keeper for sure! Great use of the embossing on this one!

Paige said...

Stunning card Carrie!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is beautiful! I love the two punched panels next to each other over the embossed background. The yellow punch behind the white bird is subtle, yet really makes it pop- brilliant accent!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, everything about this card is beautiful. Love how you paired the colors together. Hugs, Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails