Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hoppy Easter


Well its that time.  Easter just a couple weeks away and I've been working on Easter cards for the past month.  So I hope you're in the mood to see some Easter creations over the next few posts.  Today's card was made with Verve's set Chocolate Bunnies and even though I've owned this set for almost a year this is actually the first time it was inked up.  I'm also trying to use up some more scraps so I grabbed the color inspiration from the polka dot paper and off I went.  The base is white layered with pale plum that was embossed with a sizzix folder called snow something but it doesn't look like snow to me.  The polka paper is from DCWV latte stack.  The image was colored with SU markers and mounted on some more dp from the latte stack that is an eggplant color.  I used the strip of celery punched with MS border punch to pull some of the green out.  The sentiment is also from the same set.   Did you get a head start on your Easter cards? 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute, Carrie. Love all those wonderful colors too. AND a chocolate bunny just sounds like it'd taste good right now! LOL!
Lynn

Mary G. said...

Adorable! Love the colors you used and that embossed b/g is wonderful!! Beautiful card!

Karli said...

cute & yummy colors for sure! I haven't quite started on my Easter stuff just yet, but I do have some things spinning in my brain :) Hugs

Just Me said...

Cute card. The bunny is a darling.

Sarah said...

So cute! Love that chocolate bunny. Believe it or not I am way ahead of the game & have my Easter cards done, all 26 of them. Yay me!! LOL

Jingle said...

Very cute Easter card!

Alissa said...

LOVE those colors. The embossing plate really makes it look so elegant, too!.

The Mama Monkey said...

Yup, that is my FAVORITE DCWV mat stack ever. LOVE the colors! Darling card, too. I have not stamped one Easter card. :(

Renee said...

This is too cute! Your colors are beautiful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- I love the chocolate bunny...yummy! I have a card or two done....need to get them in the mail!

Kathy said...

Very pretty, this is such a great color combo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails