Thursday, April 14, 2011

Peter Cottontail


Today's card is for another personal challenge between me and my friend Sarah.  Can you guess the theme of this one... yep Easter.  Digging through my very small stash of Easter sets I found this cute little image from TAC I Love Easter set.  I think this image is adorable showing the bunny's backside which is why I named the post Peter Cottontail. 

So here's how it was made.  Started with the white base and layered on the celery layer embossed with the SU tulip sizzix folder... I believe this is the first framed embossing folder I have and I'm really liking it. Hope they come out with some more.  The center panel is a mix of DCWV papers, the plaid is from dots, stripes and plaids stack and the plain purple is left over scraps from Latte stack.  I added the scallop trim border piece in white to bridge the 2.  I stamped the image and colored it with markers adding a little stickle glitz to the tail.

I hope you enjoyed this card.  Only a few more days till Easter.

9 comments:

Renee said...

Super cute card Carrie!

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute Carrie. What a darling little image too! Really like how you used the tulip embossing folder! I just got mine the other day and already love it.
Lynn

Julie said...

Very cute. Great job on the coloring.

Sarah said...

Aww so cute! I love that stamp set just haven't used it much. Surprise, surprise. LOL I love the layers inside the embossing folder. Might have to get that yet.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the Tulip border you used- great bunny image- how fun to have challenges with a friend!

Kathy said...

Adorable, I've never seen this bunny, he is too cute. Great Easter card.

Paige said...

Beautiful card Carrie!

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this little bunny is darling. I love the embossing you added, brings everything together prefectly! Hugs, Karen

Marilyn said...

Cute, cute, cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails