Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You're Egg-stra Special


New Verve is in the house!  I loved the March release from Verve so much I got them all.  I usually don't do that but all the sets were just too cute to pass up and on this card I showcased 2 of them.  The basket and eggs are from Eggstra Special and little chickie here is from Chicks Rule, a set I can't wait to use more.

So here's how it was done.  The base is some old K and Co paper and the center layer is DCWV Cafe Mediterrean stack that I layered on white and used the SU border punch.  I stamped the basket twice. Once on the large panel and then again on a piece of scrap paper to cut the base out.  I colored it with SU markers and applied it with a pop dot.  The chick was stamped on Daffodil delight and cut out then I went around the edges with the daffodil marker to add some shading.  I stamped the eggs and colored with SU markers celery and daffodil.  The 2 in the center are up on pop dots also.  This card is for the grandparents for Easter from my son.  I hope they like it and I hope you liked it too.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh this is too cute! Now don't you go making me want these sets!!

jimlynn said...

Oh CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!! LOVE IT!
(Take care of that back!)
Lynn

Kathy said...

Adorable, love the chick sitting in the basket, so sweet. Think the grandparents will love it!

KER said...

that's an eggs-tremely cute card...love all that dimension

Becki B said...

So very pretty Carrie, love that image!!!

Scrapping Cat said...

This is so stinkin cute...looooooove it!!!

Karli said...

super cute! Luv those little eggs along the basket :) The grandparents will love it! Great card :) Hugs~

The Mama Monkey said...

LOVE this Carrie! Sounds like your Verve purchase is like my last DCWV splurge!! :)

Alissa said...

I love him Carrie! So cute! That paper is really beautiful with it, too.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really beautiful! Love how you arranged the eggs.

Paige said...

Adorable card! Love the 3D elements!

Mary G. said...

This is SO cute!!! Love that little chick and those popped up eggs are perfect!

Renee said...

Ok this is my favorite! I love the chick in the basket!! ADORABLE!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- I love the chick and the eggs under the basket- sweet card for your son to give the G-parents!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails